Tuesday, November 15, 2005

stunned

I am really in a state of shock these days.
I have been applying for jobs the last few weeks.
I have 20 years experience in my field and yet,
they love me and want me until----they do a background check
and I never hear from them again. Now mind you, I have no crimal
history or have ever been arrested, let alone never a ticket even
but here I am scared to death I won't be able to find a job because
of all my community service and events I have been involved in
over the years in the Leather community. I am really starting
to feel my rights have been violated by having no control of
what goes out in the world wide web we have these days. I can't control
what is published, we have no rights in that regard, and so there for
everyone is looking at my private life and judging me on that alone.
"They" always say it will catch up with you but I am not ashamed of
what I have done and in the future but it really bothers me that it now has THIS effect on my life.
Has anyone else run into this problem and if so did you find a solution?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any luck on the Job yet?

Is the C-Space meeting still on for this Friday? And where?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celeste,

I sent you an email explaining as best as I could about your unfair treatment from urbane@nycmail.com
I'm not an expert, but I believe you have a legal right to know about any damaging info in any of your previous employment records or
as a result of an independent background investigation contracted on behalf of a prospective employer. You also have the right to respond to any harmful allegations, but sadly, so much is done behind your back, it's hard to uneath the facts. I hope I've been of help to you. BTW, I hate those bastards who ruin a person's chances because they disagree with the person's activities even if they are not against the law.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home